Tuesday, September 7, 2010

finishing up

after i start working on this piece, i realise that this one is going to be a hard one to work on.  there are a lot of tiny little pieces that i could not cut out the way i wanted to.  i don;t like the out come of her mouth or eyes.  i am going to try the other technique where i will use a verity of colors.  the quilting of this piece was very easy to use this time sense i you steam -n- seam 2 lite.  i like heat n bond,  it gives a sharper cut with the fabric.  it doesn't fray as much when i use heat n bond.   the problem with heat n bond is that it is a little harder to quilt with the heat n bond.  right now i am using the steam n seam.  so here is my final result of this quilt. i hope you like it, because i don't. 

stitches for now

yetunde

6 comments:

Carol said...

I like it. The best part is that others cannot see the original you had to work with . This is somewhat like carricatures. I really like it.

Marjorie said...

You really need to quit making amazing things. I'm starting to think that I might have to try my hand at portrait quilts. What's the technique book you mentioned?

Hand Works by Trish Williams - Fiber Artist/quilter said...

Yetunde,
I love what your are doing and I'm going to give it a try. Thank you for inspiring us.

Karoda said...

yes! you are making the potraits POP! Love this one and the one of Marley!

Leah said...

wow!! very cool!!!

Nana said...

Nana's Needles
I just love this photo quilt that you have done. I would love to do one of these. Wonderful work!!