Friday, May 30, 2008

Busy Month

The month of june will be a busy month for me. there are three things going on near the end of the month of june, family reunion, family day at the rec, and our guild quilt show. for the family reunion, i am trying to make a quilt for the reunion. family day the quilting bee that i am in, will be exhibiting our quilts at family day and we have a challenge quilt going on also. i just finished my challenge quilt. sorry no pictures of this one until after june 21st. i also have two other quilts that i am making for family day. i hope that i can finish all of these before the 21st.


here is one of the quilts that i am working on. this quilt is hand applique'. the cap is fabric that i used to make the cap look 3D. i don't know if you can see that in this picture. the hair is REAL dreadlocks, that i attached under the cap. and to my friends and family, no i did not cut my locs. i am a hand quilter who sometimes try her hands at machine quilting and with this piece that was not working so i am going to do this entire piece by hand. i am still having some health problems, but i am not going to let this stop me from doing what i love to do.

this next piece is machine raw edge applique' that i am trying to decide how i want the border to look. i want it to be kind of different. i am trying to think of the border with a bright color or something. so right now i am letting my brain rest on it for a couple of days. this piece will be machine quilted with added embellishments.
the family reunion quilt is not coming out the way i want it to be. so that is not going to be worked on until i finish the first two pieces. if the family reunion quilt is not finish in time i can still have my family sign the quilt. the family quilt is a signature quilt that the family will be able to sign their name. i don't like to use white fabric, and i think that is why i don't like this quilt. some of the pieces are white and i am trying to like this quilt and finish it. some of my friends have seen it and like it. i am the one that don't like it. i have to like my work in order for me to finish it. i know what i want, but i just haven't done it.


wish me luck.





3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I stopped by was reading your blogs and I just want to tell you how beautiful your quilts are. I love quilts even though I dont have a clue as to how to even begin putting a quilt together. I add you to my list of faves. Please continue to do what you love doing.

Peace and Blessings

Cheryl.......Always Remember to Snatch JOY!

Patricia A. Robertson said...

I would just like to say that I enjoyed your work.. an artist after my own heart. Here I thought I was the only black quilter in this area and you're just around the corner and down the street. I'm a and fabric, jewlery and yarn junkie, I own my own buisness here in the Suitland area. Purple Passion Art (The art that's wearable). I hope to communicate with you one day soon.

Anonymous said...

Yes exactly, in some moments I can phrase that I agree with you, but you may be making allowance for other options.
to the article there is still a definitely as you did in the downgrade delivery of this demand www.google.com/ie?as_q=droppix label maker 2.9 ?
I noticed the phrase you procure not used. Or you partake of the dark methods of promotion of the resource. I possess a week and do necheg