Sunday, December 4, 2011

more zen gifts

well, i am making more gifts.  my back is feeling a little better, so i trying my hand at machine quilting.  i am drawing zentangle on fabric and then i am making them into small little purses.  someone at my guild had did a workshop on making them and i can not find the instructions that were give out so i am making them from memory.  i was doing something else when the person was doing the workshop.  they are a little different from the ones they made at the guild.  here's a picture of what i made.
 not a good picture.

a couple of weeks back at wee bee quilter's group we had a jellyroll race and i came in second place. first person who finish first will win a roll of jellyroll fabric.  i was really surprise that i came in second place.  i won a small jellyroll.  gwen came in first place, it was fun doing this.  this was the second time since i had been at a sewing machine since my problem with my back.  while we were doing the race a couple of time i thought about stopping.  i felt my back getting a little stiff, charlene who was in charge of the race gave us a 10 minute break and that helped and then we started again.  later gwen shouted out first and then i shouted out 15 minutes later that i was finish, that was the longest 15 minute, it felt like a hour.  i thought my back would be sore the next day by lugging the sewing machine around, but i was ok.  here is a pictues of what we did.  

i am the one hiding my face and gwen is the one in the middle.  my other pictures are on my ipad, and i am still learning how to use it.  don't know how to transfer pictures yet.  i am using my laptop right now. 
 so i am going to says,

stitches for now.

i am going to go play on my ipad.
so stitches for now again.

yetunde



7 comments:

Jean(ie) said...

Yetunde, I love zentangle. I'm planning on getting out my pens today (hopefully). I have a art piece/challenge piece to quilt and the main design part of it is the quilting. I've been thinking of tackling it from a zentangle viewpoint.

The race quilts are cute! I love seeing everyone's color choices! Congrats on winning second place!

Eat Sleep Quilt said...

I love those little purses, you are so talented! Have you done anything yet with your jellyroll quilt? Mine is still in the bag!

Sarah Correa said...

Your zentangles are beautiful - I really want to make a "zentangle" style quilt - but I never like what I draw. I guess that means more practice on paper - LOL! Very nice gifts :)

Sherise Marie Wright said...

Yetunde, your Zentangles are so inspirational and nice.I have been sketching my own on pieces of paper whenever I get the chance. They truly are addictive. Also,I have a quick question and I do not know if I saw this on your blog. Did you place your quilts in a book? I can not figure out the post but you were explaining that you had transferred your quilts into a book. If I wanted to do this is there a site that I would have to sign up for in order to create a record of my quilts in a book format. I have pictures and I'm trying to organize my quilts.

yetunde said...

Sherise, I used shutterfly.com or you can use blurb.com to make a book. I just found a website that sales a software that will let you download your pictures of you quilt and keep a record of your quilts. It is on sale right now for about 20 bucks. It is call quiltalbum.com check,it out.

Sherise Marie Wright said...

Thanks so much for the information because now it is time to get this mess in order. I mean that in a good way. I have sketches and I have ideas everywhere. My quitls are another walk in the park. Thanks so very much again and Happy Quilting!

Unknown said...

Boy, I've missed some special events while I was under the weather...really happy your back is better. I love your zens...smile and those strip quilts are so awesome!

I guess I'm really loving all the colors...
hugz